At Lotus Garments Group, we respect and appreciate our people and customers, the communities in which we work, and the natural environment. We actively seek to make a positive contribution to the world around us by focusing on the way we work and live.
We seeks to be recognize responsible energy production and consumption, promoting energy efficiency throughout the operations, and reducing our use of natural resources. We also promote the importance of good energy management for the economic, social and environmental well-being of our employees, customers and businesses.
Lotus Garments Group as a leading company in garments business is committed to
- Improving our energy performance
- Reducing our emissions of greenhouse gases
- Reducing our water usage
- Reducing our dependence on finite fossil fuels.
- Reducing our noise pollution.
- Minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
As Part of our commitment to sustainability, we have been a part of Sustainable Apparel Coalition (Higg Index) since 2013.
Central solar water heater systems
It is a fact that most of our energy comes from burning fossil fuels. This leads to a wide array of environmental problems, including human-caused climate change, acid rain, mountaintop removal for coal and tar sands, and health effects around power plants. Solar thermal is one of the best ways to lower a building’s carbon footprint and help protect the environment. For many businesses, water heating can account for over 50% of greenhouse gas emissions.
Here are a few reasons why solar hot water systems make good environmental sense:
- On-site energy generation: Reduce the need to extract and transport fossil fuels
- Increased boiler and water heater efficiency and life expectancy
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- That’s why in 2010 we installed our first solar water heater and by the end of 2015 we had four SWHs
A solar hot water system is a zero-emissions, zero-waste solution to the problem of environmentally damaging water-heating methods.
- Light bulbs that use LED technology not only bring down energy bills but are also more environmentally friendly when compared to incandescent bulbs and compact fluorescent lights. Both the manufacture and use of LED bulbs causes less damage to the environment than the other two alternatives.
For starters, a 6- to 8-watt LED bulb, with a light output of 800 lumens, will last for 50,000 hours. In comparison, incandescent bulbs last 1,200 hours and consume 60 watts, while fluorescent bulbs last for 8,000 hours and use 13-15 watts.
LED bulbs consume less power per unit (lumen) of light emitted. This reduces greenhouse gas emissions from power plants. Carbon dioxide emissions for LEDs are also low. Roughly, one LED bulb will minimize greenhouse gas emissions by almost half a ton.
That is why at our facilities, we now have 25,000 LED light tubes installed.